Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday Kavvanah, 7/20/2011 - Recharging My Jewish Batteries

In preparation for my upcoming trip to Israel, I am charging all of my devices: the Israeli cell phone, the netbook, the toothbrush, the mp3 player, and so forth. Many of us rely so heavily on electronics that arriving in a foreign country without a fully-charged phalanx of digital items induces anxiety.

It occurred to me, however, that in doing so, I am also preparing to have my own battery recharged. Israel has become, for me, not only a place for resonating with the land of my people and visiting with family, but also a source of inspiration as a rabbi and as a Jew. Regular trips to the Jewish state re-align my spiritual connectors, reinforce my faith and reassure me that the Jewish people have a bright future.

Have you been to Israel lately? If not, go now. There has never been a better time to get recharged.

No comments:

Post a Comment